Friday, December 19, 2008

dependable.... not anymore!

I guess, these days, all Mr. Dependable…. are not-so-dependable. Just take the case of our former skipper, whose contract has been renewed in spite of his poor performance. Well, in cricketing lingo they say that he is not in good form these days …. yeah whatever! Yeah public hai, aur yeah saab jaanti hai mate! No doubt that you have been a brilliant player of yesteryears…. but guess the time has come for you to take a reality check and pave way for sonny boys.

Anyways, let’s talk about another Mr. Dependable…. turned not-so-dependable. As a matter of fact, he was never to be depended upon; still I don’t know why some rather influential people choose to imbibe their faith on him. No wonders in guessing, I am taking about Mr. AAZ…. arrre our next door neighbour guys. Every day, he takes a step further in direction of tackling terrorism and without any hesitations, the very next day he take two step backwards. I think he is not aware that this street is a one way and U-turns are not allowed.

Well, more than people, I have always found newspapers more dependable…. yeah and even more dependable than channels. I can surely vouch that papers are much more reliable and authentic as compared to the channels who are busy giving sabse teeeeez khabar instead of sabse sachi khabar. Anyways, that’s an altogether a different tangent. What I was trying to say was my latest worry is not the authenticity of the news in papers… rather it’s the increasing ad space in papers during festivals.

Christmas coupled with recession has resulted in to heavy deduction in the prices of lots of stuff… so be it small stores, big stores, local stores, chain of stores, clothing stores, furniture stores or grocery store… every store in town has left no stone unturned to lure the customers, that is right from offering flat discounts on most desirable stuff to giving free bee’s everything is like been there done that kinds. And but of course, the best way to reach the janta is through newspaper… and that too Angreji ones since planners feel that it’s more elite and up market. So snobbish!

So, one more Mr. Dependable turned to not being so dependable is the newspaper. I think I will have to wait for the festive season to get over before I get to spend quality time with my Mr. Dependable Source, who will give me khabar aur sirf more khabar to talk, well rather gossip about. But for now, I am heading to one of those stores to grab a pair of new jean…. aab jab news padh hi liya hai toh kuch kaam mein bhi liya jae!!!

1 comment:

SaTaN said...

ohhh is this original or lifted from somewhere??

And do you really believe in what you have written and are those your ideas???